After School Activities
At Holy Cross, we believe that providing children with a range of activities beyond the school day is important as it helps to develop individual personalities, is a chance to unwind and gives opportunity for children to socialise with pupils from other year groups. With this in mind, we run a range of activities throughout the school year which are free of charge. The exception being music. This is a paid club because the service is provided by a private music teacher.
Our clubs are run by teaching staff and for some clubs, teaching assistants and parents volunteer to help as well. We are proud of the fact that all staff value the benefits that after school activities bring to our children so that we can continue to provide them free of charge where possible.
Here is the the range of clubs provided throughout the year:
- Hockey (Year 5 and 6)
- Board Games
- Music (Private)
- Knitting and Crochet
- Multi-skills (through Sports Premium Funding)
- Gymnastics (through Sports Premium Funding)
- Hockey for Years 3 and 4 (through Sports Premium Funding))
- Cricket (through Sports Premium Funding)
- Summer Sports - Cricket, tennis, rounders and athletics
Strengthening core muscles at Running Club: