PE and Sports Premium Funding 2016/2017
Over the last three academic years, every primary school in the UK has been allocated a PE and Sport Premium, which is to be used to improve the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils. Holy Cross has been allocated £8900.
How are we using the funding to improve PE and Sport in our school?
Last year the majority of the premium was used on the services provided to us by the North West Leicestershire School Sports Partnership (NWLSSP) as are most other primary schools in North West Leicestershire. This provision includes:
- Participation festivals targeting all
- Links with the community and local/county and regional
- Primary Link Teacher training days
- Partnership working
- General advice re PE/school sport
- Affiliation to North West
Leicestershire District Council
Club Activ8 Scheme
- Contribution towards salary costs
of Sports Coordinator.
- Sports Coach working across all age ranges for a morning or afternoon throughout the whole academic year
- Sports Ambassadors training
- Lunchtime activities run by Sports Ambassadors
Impact of Funding and Sustainability
- Holy Cross achieved Bronze award in the School Games Awards
- Increased participation in sports activities
- More confident staff from working regularly with a sports coach
- Positive attitude towards having an active and healthy life
- Trained Sports ambassadors who can coach other pupils
- Staff who have increased skills so that delivery of PE lessons is of increased quality when not taught by a PE Specialist
- 7 children represented the county at cross country.
- Year 6 hockey team got through to the final of Quick Sticks Tournament - final still to be played
- Participation in Kids Marathon whereby we are raising money to purchase AEDs for the local community
- 1 out of 2 cricket teams reaching the semi final at a Sports partnership festival
- School Council motivated to use a sports activity to raise money for their 'Buddy Area' project.